Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Speedy Snack: 2 Ingredient Scroll

One of my favourite smells in the world is freshly baked bread out of the oven. If it came in a bottle of perfume, I would douse myself in it!

Baking is certainly not my forte because I do not have the discipline to follow through a recipe. Whenever I feel an inkling to bake, I reach into my pantry and pull out of box of Betty Crocker!

On the weekend, I chanced upon a scroll recipe that only requires 2 ingredients! YES, 2 INGREDIENTS! So I took the "risk" and it turned out SO WELL!!!! 

Scrolls for "Idiots" (aka me)
Makes 8 big scrolls or 16 mini scrolls


Ingredients
2 cups of self-raising flour
1.25 cups of Greek yoghurt

Filling of choice
Vegemite
Cheese
(you can add whatever you like. For example, ham and cheese, spinach and feta, etc)


  1. Pre-heat oven to 180C
  2. In a large bowl, add flour and yoghurt, mix with your hands until it resembles a dough. Add more yogurt if necessary.
  3. On a floured surface, knead the dough for 5 minutes and roll it out to a rectangular shape about 1.5cm in thickness.
  4. Add the fillings desired, roll it up and cut. Bake for 20 mins.


As you can see from the photos, I yielded 8 scrolls and they were all consumed within 20 minutes by my very appreciative family.

No comments:

Post a Comment