We love sharing our meals with the kids as much as possible and this one gets the tick of approval from all of us. I have been using our slow cooker at least once a week on the weekends since last month (it's Autumn after all) and my Ox-Tail Stew is super easy, super yummy and full of goodness.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker
1.5kg ox tail
1 Large can of Heinz Bed Red Tomato Soup
4 tbsp. garlic salt
2 carrots, cut into chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1/2 sweet potato, cut into chunks
1/4 pumpkin, cut into chunks
2 handfuls of dried red lentils
1 handful of green lentils
1/2 can water
Freshly grated white cheddar cheese (or regular cheddar)
4 handfuls of frozen peas & corn, microwaved and set aside
4 handfuls of macaroni (or whatever pasta you like), cooked and set aside
Instruction - Yes only ONE!
- In slow cooker, set on "auto", add all the ingredients for the slow cooker. Yes, no need for browning of meat. Stir the ingredients, cover the lid and leave it for 8 hours.
- On its own
- On its own with crusty sour dough on the side
- Serve it with "optional accompaniments" to make it more substantial
- If you have any leftovers, this is a great meal to freeze. The flavours will continue to develop!
- Suitable for re-heating in the microwave